CANCER AND SMOKING
- Does smoking really cause cancer?
- Is smoking cigarettes addictive?
- Should FDA regulate nicotine?
- Curing lung cancer is a little closer
- Does smoking cause cancer (2nd edition)?
- Addicting kids to nicotine
- On the Trail of Cancer-Causing Genes
NEW APPROACHES TO CURING CANCER
- Can scientists starve cancer tumors?
- Understanding the cause of cancer
- Deadly cancer is becoming more common
- Colon cancer and fiber
- Curing colon cancer
- Catalogue of cancer cures
- Oncogene blockers
- Failed Cancer Therapy Is Reborn
- Using viruses to attack brain tumors
- Do Plastic Bottles Cause Women to Get Breast Cancer?
- New Ways to Cure Lung Cancer
- Smallpox: Tomorrow’s nightmare?
- The hard question about smallpox
- Progress in gene therapy
- The silent epidemic of hepatitis C
- Antibiotic Resistance
- Stem cells reverse juvenile diabetes in mice
- Type two diabetes
- Curing Parkinson’s
- Hoof & Mouth Disease
- SARS Anxiety
- Cholesterol-Fighting Drugs Prevent Heart Attacks
- Deadly Baby Food
- The Cost of Not Regulating BPA
- The Cost of Failed Regulation
- Type II Diabetes Epidemic
- Whatever Happened to Bird Flu?
- Embryonic Stem Cells – Leaping the Ethical Fence
- Swine Flu
- The Approaching Flu Season
- Why Diabetics Forget
- HIV’s waiting game
- Combination drug therapy for AIDS
- Curing AIDS just got harder
- HIV delivery protein
- Did a vaccine cause AIDS?
- AIDS and Ubiquitin
- Search for AIDS vaccin
- Aids at 20
- The AIDS War is Not Going Well
MAD COW DISEASE
- Mad cows and prions
- Do prions threaten our blood supply?
- Increasing mad cow disease
- Mad Deer Disease
- Mad cow epidemic in Europe
- Exporting Mad Cow Disease to Korea?
- Why we grow old and cancer cells don’t
- Unravelling the mystery of aging
- I’m not dead yet
- Why We Age
- Losing Bone: Osteoporosis
DIETING AND EXERCISE
- Impossible dreams: Fad diets
- Why fat people are hungrier
- New drugs to fight high cholesterol
- New weight-loss drug
- Diabetes-obesity link
- Running improperly
- Fighting Fat
- Eating Your Way to Thin
- Vegans on a Cold Day
- Anabolic Steriods at the Olympics
- Losing Weight with Brown Fat
- Being Fat
- How genetic engineering is done
- The real promise of genetic engineering
- Finding useful genes: Cassava’s relatives
- Measure the risks of bioengineering
- Should we label genetically modified crops?
- Monsanto should renounce the terminator
- Genetically modified grass
- Altering ANDi
- mtDNA transfer in humans
- Fighting Hunger with Flood-Tolerant Rice
- Manufacturing Biofuels
THE HUMAN GENOME PROJECT
- Who should own the human genome?
- The secrets of your genes on a microchip
- Biochips and personal privacy
- Humans have few genes
- Our genome is not very human